|“||I'm not fit to be called a detective. You really are my son. Your eyes... look just the same as mine... when I was young.||”|
—Tomomi's final words to his son
|Romaji Name||Masaoka Tomomi|
|Kanji Name||征陸 智己|
|Affiliation||Public Safety Bureau|
|Relatives||Nobuchika Ginoza (son)|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|English Voice Actor||Jason Douglas|
Tomomi Masaoka was an Enforcer in the MWPSB Unit 1. He was like a father-figure for the other members on the team and helped the other members when they were having problems. He used to help Unit 1 on their missions quite often. He was killed by an explosion while saving his son.
Masaoka had short spiky brown hair and eyes. He wears a black suit like all the other Enforcers, but he also has a brown trench coat over it when he goes on field. Masaoka also had a prosthetic left arm.
Masaoka was one of the more laid back members of the team, and often accepted things as the way they are. Even in stressful situations, he tried not to go overboard, and instead tried to use reason above action. He also relied on the Dominator before making decisions on victims and criminals.
It was revealed that prior to becoming an Enforcer, he had shared Akane's views on how a detective should be. He also didn't find himself to be very wise, but liked to give advice to others, including his son. He thought of Shinya as his own son as well and was always concerned about the dangerous path the Enforcer was following.
Prior to being an MWPSB Enforcer, Masaoka was a former Inspector of the bureau. When the Sibyl System was introduced, he disagreed with its use, as detectives must now solely rely on the absolute judgment of a machine. He became frustrated and angry, causing his Psycho-Pass coefficient to deteriorate which became ground for his demotion to Enforcer.
- He was designated as Hound 1.
- His ID as an Enforcer was 00475-AECI-00247-2.
- Tomomi was 54 years old.
- He had a height of 175 cm, the third tallest person in the Division 1.
- Tomomi was born on June 27th, 2058.
- His blood type was O. His son Nobuchika, had the same blood type as his.
- His crime coefficient was over by 120.
- Masaoka Tomomi's adepted martial art is Judo.
- Masaoka's emergency contact is Ginoza Akiho (Nobuchika's grandmother). Masaoka shared the same emergency contact with his son.
- Masaoka graduated from Hitotsubashi University, Faculty of Law, Major in Legal Studies.
- Masaoka was transferred to MWPSB after the Police System was cancelled in April, 2091. Two years later, he was admit to the rehabilitation centre in Adachi District due to deteriorating Psycho Pass and became a latent criminal. Ginoza was 9 years old when his father was admit to rehab centre.
- While his strength is endurance, his weakness is women's tears!
- One of Masaoka's hobbies is painting; other is drinking with friends. His masterpiece painting is a painting of his wife holding the newborn Nobuchika.
- Masaoka's wishlist is to have a grandchild.