|“||If you look away and just turn your back on those you don't understand, you'll regret it someday. Accept what's happening before your eyes as a fact. That's a shortcut to becoming an adult, missy.||”|
|The Scales of Justice <299/300>|
|Rōmaji||Seigi no Tenbin <299/300>|
|Air date||October 9, 2014|
← Perfect World
The Creeping Unknown →
The Scales of Justice <299/300> is first episode of Psycho-Pass 2.
An explosion occurs in broad daylight and despite having no casualties, it brings the attention of the MWPSB. The police's investigation tracks the culprit as Akira Kitazawa, a demolitions expert whose career was staggered after it was confirmed that his Crime Coefficient tends to increase under pressure. Upon locating Kitazawa's hideout, Inspector Akane Tsunemori realizes that he is setting a trap for them and disobeys her orders to advance and confront him. Her assumptions are proven correct, and Kitazawa escapes, apparently taking a female hostage with him, which he soon after releases. Certain that the hostage is actually a hologram with another trap, Division 1 keeps pursuing Kitazawa and upon cornering him, Tsunemori notices that his Crime Coefficient is just a little over the minimum required for the Dominator to enter into execution mode and decides to calm him down instead of killing him. Her plan works and she knocks him out with the paralyzing mode when his Crime Coefficient drops to the non-lethal levels. Elsewhere, Inspector Mizue Shisui and her partner Enforcer Akira Yamatoya are sent to follow the hologram, who is revealed to actually be a man. This man does not register on her Dominator, and he injects Shisui with some kind of drug that paralyzes her. He kisses her, then takes her hand and makes her use her Dominator to kill Yamatoya, leaving behind the message "WC?," written in blood.
- "Is that because you're worried about my Psycho-Pass getting clouded? Don't underestimate me. I've been working as an Inspector for a year and a half now. I'm capable of keeping my own Psycho-Pass clear."— Mika Shimotsuki to Akane Tsunemori
- "She sure is confident."— Nobuchika Ginoza (commenting on that)
- "No, that's not true. You are needed ! ...And so are the bombs you made...[...]... Society doesn't always do what's right. That's exactly why we ourselves must live virtuous lives. You desire to right a wrong along with your skills are both needed in this society. Society is comprised of individuals. By living a virtuous life, you guide society towards the path of virtue. Your sense of justice is noble." — Akane Tsunemori to Akira Kitazawa
- "You're not just a cog in the machine. Even if society pressures you, as long as you have the spirit to resist, you are a human being." — Sakuya Togane to Akira Kitazawa (following what Tsunemori says)
- "I'm going to administer justice."— Akane Tsunemori to herself
- "Inspector Tsunemori... You are... wrong."— Mika Shimotsuki to herself
- "The fact that something is false does not negate its existence. You guys failed to recognize that... That's why ... I am here." — Kirito Kamui to Mizue Shisui
- "That's right... It's a new start... the start of my own personal battle to determine who I am." — Tsunemori as a voice over