|Rōmaji||Shīku no Sahō|
|Air date||October 25, 2012|
|Ending||Monster Without a Name|
← Those Capable
Nobody Knows Your Mask →
Rearing Conventions is the third episode of Psycho-Pass.
Division 1 is called to the Hachioji drone plant to investigate another dismembering incident (the victim is Daisuke Shioyama). Ginoza and Masaoka have a heated disagreement and when Tsunemori questions Ginoza, he tells her she's a fool to treat the Enforcers as peers rather than subordinates. The manager of the plant, Kuraudo Goda, swears the dismembering is an accident, but Division 1 suspects otherwise when they notice a plant worker being bullied by the others. Without the Sibyl System they have no way of identifying the killer, but the Enforcers cook up a wild plan that terrifies Tsunemori ‒ but nonetheless succeeds.
- In the novel adaption the situation is wholly different — Kanehara is a visual drug dealer, Makishima is the supplier and there are underlings with whom Division 1 must deal.
- When Ginoza scrolls the files of the personnel on his holo device, the last displayed is Kanehara's one.
- "Johnny Mnemonic" is written on Kanehara's floppy disk.
- When Kogami enforces him, Kanehara's Crime Coefficient is 265.
- "They say that fools learn from their experiences, while the wise learn from history. I hope you're not a fool."— Nobuchika Ginoza to Akane Tsunemori
- "I see. So you've decided to be fool after all. You may be new, but you're still an Inspector. If you think you can keep those hunting dogs under control, you're welcome to try. [...] Since you insist on being a fool, you should try learning through experience like one. That's the fastest route to understanding things."— Nobuchika Ginoza to Akane Tsunemori
- "You brought this on yourselves. [...] Once you are gone, my Hue can be cleansed! [...] I won't let you get away. I'll never let you get away. I'll kill you, right here and now!"— Yuji Kanehara to Shinya Kogami and Akane Tsunemori
- "Why... Why would you do something so reckless?!"— Akane Tsunemori to Shinya Kogami
- "This is about finding the truth behind a matter of life and death! Of course we'd need to put our lives in the line!"— Shinya Kogami's reply
- "We've already caught the criminal red-handed! We need to call for backup and..."— Akane Tsunemori to Shinya Kogami
- "He said that he wanted to be a detective, not just a hunting dog. But the look in his eyes... was unmistakably... that of a carnivore which had cornered its prey."— Akane Tsunemori as a voice over